What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a broad term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies to promote a product or service or build a digital brand. Digital marketing extends beyond internet marketing to include channels that do not require the use of the internet.
Benefits of digital marketing:
Nowadays, customers have access to information anytime and any place they want or need it. People are consuming more digital content daily – using their smartphones, desktops computers, laptops, tablets, and more. The thing is, companies need to recognize that they need to alter their marketing strategies to adapt to this. The Internet and globalization, most people on the globe are able to access the information via computers, tablets or mobiles. The facts are that digital methods of communication and marketing are faster, more versatile, practical and streamlined, so it is perhaps unsurprising that once the technology became available we began quickly moving into the digital age. Digital marketing is more affordable than traditional offline methods. Digital marketing & especially social driven marketing strategies allow for the small business owner to compete with large corporate, something that has not been possible for decades due to the limitations of the traditional broadcasting system.
Why Digital Marketing is so important and gives you so many benefits?
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information anytime and any place they want it. Gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or services came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
- Digital marketing is much easier and cheaper than traditional and advertising marketing.
- It helps in spreading the business worldwide and chance to share your content.
- Digital marketing campaigns are 24*7(365 days) like an open store where people come and get what they want to know about anything or can buy anything.
- It gives time and space to tell a story.
- Its campaign is easy to attach to another campaign.
- Slow internet connection can cause difficulties for companies who build too complex or large website.
- Lack of trust of a user where constant viral promotion appears to be fraud.
- There are many competitors by the time visitor reaches the product they have already gone through many websites.
Challenges You may Face in Digital Marketing
Questions you may already be asking yourself include:
- What kind of content should we produce?
- How can we produce remarkable content?
- How often should we sell on social?
- Who will do the work?
- How do I hold them accountable?
- Do I have the right person to lead and execute my social strategy?
Social Media Work on the process:
Deming famously observed that most problems in business can be traced back to process. In my observations working with clients, I’m more likely to see a flawed process for managing social than a flawed content strategy. Granted, I don’t often see great content strategies either, but it’s even more rare to see a great process. Given the choice, you’d rather have a content problem than a process problem. Content and strategy are relatively easy to fix. Incorporating a disciplined process for execution, measurement, and accountability is much more difficult.
To overcome the inherent challenges running a successful social media campaign, start with the process, then input strategy.
Digital channels are relatively cheap, compared with traditional media, making them within reach of practically every business of every size. As a result, it’s becoming a lot harder to capture consumers’ attention.
Exploding data volumes:
Consumers leave behind a huge trail of data in digital channels. It’s extremely difficult to get a handle on all that data, as well as find the right data within exploding data volumes that can help you make the right decisions.
The proliferation of digital channels:
Consumers use multiple digital channels and a variety of devices that use different protocols, specifications, and interfaces – and they interact with those devices in different ways and for different purposes.
Keys of digital marketing concept:
- Create a Best-in-Class Marketing Research Program.
- Understand the Dynamic Customer.
- Achieve Optimal Allocation and Alignment.
- Extract value from big data to make better decisions faster.
- Manage complex customer relationships across a variety of channels – both digital and traditional.